Matthew McCrossan Furniture were looking for a one stop tool shop; a sole provider of tools, machinery and consumables.
Since deciding to set up independently in 2008, Matthew’s goal has been to deliver a customer driven service from design through to completion. As a result, he has come to expect the same level of service from his suppliers. Mirroring the relationship with their own customers, Matthew McCrossan Furniture needed a supplier who would take the time to get to know them and as a result, understand their needs. A supplier they could work with to find solutions to maximise success, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. They were looking for a one stop tool shop; a sole provider of tools, machinery and consumables.
Matthew McCrossan Furniture produce a range of beautiful and bespoke furniture, designed around the individual’s style and tailored to suit both modern and traditional rooms. Matthew and his team use traditional techniques alongside modern design, with a strong emphasis on durability.
The team take time to get the know the customer in order to understand their goals and tastes, while ensuring the finished piece meets the customer’s needs. Work is often produced offsite in the company’s newly fitted Newcastle Upon Tyne workshop. Finally fitting and installation is carried out to the highest standard as quickly as possible to ensure minimal disruption to the customer.
Matthew McCrossan Furniture have earned a strong reputation for their tailored design process, efficient installation and above all their craftsmanship, attention to detail and finally the quality of the finished piece.
1 Box studios, Boyd street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE2 1AP
0800 043 2252
Wide range of quality products
When looking for a one stop tool shop, a wide range is imperative. However, to achieve the high end finish Matthew McCrossan Furniture customers have come to expect, the quality of the product is equally important. Axminster stock over 15,000 products, carefully selected and tested to make sure they perform exactly as required.
When selecting a new tool or machine Matthew looks for something that will make his workshop more efficient and safe.
- Festool Domino Jointing Machine – described by Matthew as ‘beautifully tactile, Festool Domino machines can’t be beaten for their ease of use and accuracy time and time again.’
- Axminster Industrial Series UB-3300VECK Cyclone Extractor – handles the majority of extraction in the Matthew McCrossan Furniture workshop and has always performed well through stringent LEV tests.
- Festool power tool extractors – the team run a range of Festool mobile extractors for the hand held power tools, making for a much more enjoyable and dust free working environment.
- Axminster Industrial Series ST-365 Dual Drum Sander – allows a greater level of uniformity on the finished product.
- Lamello Zeta – a game changer for the high end joinery and cabinet making industry. Lamello’s innovative systems help overcome a lot of design issues, save time as there is no clamping required and provide a virtually invisible finish.
Featured In This Article...
More than just tools and machinery
Matthew McCrossan Furniture were looking for more than just a tool shop. Axminster were able to offer the support he was looking for by providing Matthew with his own dedicated Technical Consultant.
…invaluable time and time again. Axminster have gone above and beyond on many occasions to ensure our business has been able to operate through a range of situations.
Axminster’s fast and reliable delivery service ensures that Matthew can deliver his projects on time while meeting his own customers’ high expectations.
Axminster have been supplying Matthew McCrossan Furniture since its infancy in 2008 and the relationship has developed alongside the company. Axminster are now almost the sole supplier of tools, machinery and also consumables. Exactly the kind of one stop tool shop Matthew and his team were looking for.
Working with a sole supplier has a number of benefits. Mostly, the close working relationship has allowed Axminster to work with Matthew to find solutions to make the workshop more productive.
We’ve been introduced to new products and innovative applications through our Technical Consultant, without any pushy salesmanship. Getting to see and test things in a workshop environment is perfect. It’s allowed us to make informed decisions about the equipment we buy.